Obedience training may just be the best gift you can give yourself, your family, and your pet. It teaches your dog appropriate social behavior with both people and animals; helps correct annoying behaviors like jumping, digging, barking, and chewing; and keeps your dog entertained and happy. A win-win all around!
All dogs—purebred and mix breeds—are welcome to participate in AKC obedience training classes. Classes are taught by experienced trainers who have won obedience competitions with their own dogs. They know the latest training techniques, are familiar with training all breeds of dogs, and oftentimes can help solve behavior problems.
Our club will usually offer two types:
- Basic class – for dogs 5 months and older. You’ll learn essential training commands to keep your dog safe, such as heel, sit, stand, down, stay, and come. Instructors will also teach you about proper nutrition, grooming, and solutions to common problems. This is a six-week session. Recommended for new and first time students, dogs and handlers with little or no experience
- Competition Class – which prepares you and your dog for competition in obedience and other AKC events like rally, agility and tracking. You’ll learn about the various levels of competition and titles available, how to teach your dog the required exercises, and will help you to learn the regulations for competing.
For more information:
Contact INSTRUCTOR Renee at R1.UD3.90K@gmail.com for more info on other classes and available training activities
- All Classes run with 6-weeks of instruction.
- Basic Obedience – Mondays at 6:30pm
- Current Dates: 10/28, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25, 12/9, 12/16
- Competitive Obedience – Wednesday at 8:00pm
Tuition: $95.00 non-members and $85.00 for members.
Location: Washington County Ag. Ed. Center, Rt 65 Sharpsburg Pike. Classes are either outside in a totally fenced in area or in a climate controlled building with full matting.
Interested in day time classes or other offerings? Classes maybe added or combined if interest/attendance warrant. Please inquire.