Is Obedience for you?
Obedience is a wonderful way to teach your dog the skills that will keep it safe and be a good canine citizen while at the same time strengthening your relationship with your dog. Our club offers different classes for varying levels of experience. Training will include tricks and games as well as different exercises to help develop basic and advanced skills.
purebred and mix breeds—are welcome to participate in AKC obedience training classes. Classes are taught by experienced trainers who have won obedience competitions with their own dogs. They know the latest training techniques, are familiar with training all breeds of dogs, and oftentimes can help solve behavior problems.
We offer the following classes:
- Introduction to Obedience – for dogs 5 months and older. This class will focus on basic obedience skills (heel, sit, down, stay, sit/stand for exam and stay). The course is suitable for all dog owners that want to develop the basic training commands to help keep their dog safe. The class will also introduce many of the exercises required for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test. Skills needed for the different exercises will be introduced in the class used as the foundation to develop more advanced skills needed for competition obedience. This is a six-week session. While a Basic Puppy class is recommended it is not required.
- AKC Competition Obedience – for dogs 5 months and older. This class will prepare you and your dog for competition in AKC Obedience events. Emphasis will be placed on developing the skills needed for each of the exercises in the Novice, Open and Utility classes. Since this class may contain a mix of dogs and handlers at different levels of preparation the different exercises introduced and taught will be based on the dogs and handlers. A key part of this class will be developing the basic skills in obedience and then building on these skills to master different obedience exercises.
For more information:
Contact INSTRUCTOR: Colleen Nolan Email: email@example.com
- AKC Competition Obedience: starts 4:45 pm April 27, 2021
- Introduction to Obedience: starts 6:00 pm April 27, 2021
- This be the last session until August/September time frame.
Tuition: $100/ 6 Week Course
All MD regulations for COVID-19 will be followed to keep everyone safe.
Location: Washington County Ag. Ed. Center, Rt 65 Sharpsburg Pike. Classes are either outside in a totally fenced in area or in a climate controlled building with full matting.
Interested in day time classes or other offerings? Classes maybe added or combined if interest/attendance warrant. Please inquire.
All are welcome to come and give it a try: Old, Young, Trained and Untrained! All Breeds Including Mixed Breeds are Welcome